Statement and Purpose
The BC Land Summit Society (“the BCLS”) respects an individual's right to privacy and to the protection of his or her personal information.
Any organization that collects, uses or discloses “personal information” as that term is defined in the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and the BC. Personal Information Protection Act, is required to implement policies and practices to ensure compliance with the requirements of that legislation. We are committed to meeting the privacy standards established under applicable legislation. To safeguard and protect the personal information provided to us, the BCLS adheres to the following ten principles of privacy protection:
Principles of Privacy Protection
- The BCLS is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information that we hold or which is under our control. In fulfilling this mandate, the BCLS has designated a primary contact for privacy enquiries, complaints and requests. Please also refer to (10) below.
- The purposes for which personal information are collected from you shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected.
- Your knowledge and consent (express or implied) are required for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information except where required or permitted by law.
- The personal information the BCLS collects from you is limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified before or at the time the information is collected, and the BCLS shall only collect this information through fair and lawful means.
- The BCLS will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purposes for which it was collected, unless you provide us with consent to do otherwise or when it is required or permitted by law.
- We will not retain your personal information any longer than required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as may be required by law.
- The BCLS will make all reasonable efforts to maintain your personal information as accurate, complete and current as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- The BCLS will protect your personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of that information. These safeguards include physical, administrative and electronic security measures.
- The BCLS will answer questions you may have regarding our privacy policies and procedures and our management of your personal information. Please refer to (10) below.
- If you require details on your personal information with the BCLS, please send us a written request. Upon receipt of this request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will provide access to that information, except where the law requires or permits us to deny access.
- We will provide you information within a reasonable time period and provide an explanation if we are unable to meet your request.
Adopted: April 11, 2014
You may direct any complaints or questions you may have regarding this policy or our practices to:
The BC Land Summit Society
#1750, 355 Burrard Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6C 2G8