The BC Land Summit Society is a collaboration of five organizations.
The BC Land Summit Society is a non-profit society independently incorporated under the Societies Act of British Columbia. The member organizations of the Society are each professional associations in fields of practice related to land and land-use.
BC Land Summit Member Organizations
The current members of the BC Land Summit Society include:
- The Appraisal Institute of Canada – BC
- The British Columbia Institute of Agrologists
- The British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects
- The Planning Institute of British Columbia
- The Real Estate Institute of British Columbia
Driven to create the premier land and land-use conference in British Columbia, the BC Land Summit Society provides a unique interdisciplinary conference that promotes collaboration amongst diverse land professional, and encourages public understanding of land issues.
Purposes of the BC Land Summit Society include:
- To advance and promote inter-disciplinary collaboration amongst professional practitioners in fields of endeavour related to land and land use in British Columbia,
- To provide inter-disciplinary education, professional development, and training opportunities for professional practitioners in fields of endeavour related to land and land-use in British Columbia,
- To promote cooperation, understanding, and mutual respect amongst the members of the society,
- To promote and improve public understanding and appreciation of issues related to land and land-use in British Columbia, and
- To co-operate with governments, corporations, associations and individuals in furtherance of these purposes.
Board of Directors
The BC Land Summit Society is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of the chief staff persons from each of the Society’s member organizations.